New from Rory J. McMahon, VP of The Grafton Group
Practical Handbook for Professional Investigators 3nd edition
Find it on Amazon
Since the publication of the first edition of his book many new certification programs have begun in both private and community colleges, including a course designed by the author for Boston University.
Nationally Recognized Florida Private Investigators
An increase in fraud cases has escalated government accountability and corporate oversight, and media attention on cases ranging from missing persons to white-collar crime has increased the visibility of professional investigators. This has resulted in a great source of increased work for the profession. The third edition of Practical Handbook for Professional Investigators continues to supply an up-to-date, nuts-and-bolts learning tool for students and an everyday reference for investigative professionals at all levels.
More relevant than ever, this edition adds two new chapters on death and terrorism investigations and several new sections, including:
- Insurance fraud, fire and arson investigation, and liability claims investigation
- Indicators of online marital infidelity
- Obtaining governmental records to locate people and sample reports for skip tracing
- Practical considerations for surveillance and procedures for interception of wire or oral communications
- Service of subpoenas for witnesses in federal courts
- Testifying in court—including witness and evidence preparation, trial tactics used by attorneys, and an investigator’s rights as a witness
- The Rules of Professional Conduct
- Niche markets in the investigative industry
- Managing and marketing an investigative practice, running a paperless office, and customer retention
- An unparalleled guide to the ins and outs of private investigation, Practical Handbook for Professional Investigators, Third Edition belongs on the shelf of every professional and trainee.
- Rory McMahon is the Vice President of The Grafton Group.